Padel courts: benefits, construction and installation
Padel is a widespread sport across the world finding a strong growth in Italy. Installing a padel court can be a great investment for managers and owners of a sports center. Discover all the benefits of converting to Padel, as well as all the services Italgreen can offer you for designing, building and installing turn-keys of padel courts, with an exclusive patent that minimizes maintenance costs.
Padel is a friendly and familiar sport, indicated to people of all ages as it does not require special physical or sporting skills. Being a simplified version of tennis is easy to learn and is easily practiced after a few exchanges: fun is guaranteed between friends, in the family, at any age and without necessarily being champions!
For all these reasons, the popularity of the padel is exploding. But above all. this sport has numerous economic advantages that make the installation of a padel court very convenient!
WHAT YOU'LL FIND ON THIS PAGE:
- Information about the benefits of the padel courts construction
- Detailed information about padel court dimensions
- Comprehensive information about the structure of a padel court
- What to expect from a quote for the construction of padel courts
- What Italgreen can offer you: all the benefits of our offer
Let's go into detail.
PADEL COURT CONSTRUCTION: INFO AND BENEFITS
The cost of a padel court is quite low and the small size allows it to be built nearly everywhere. Suffice it to say that on the area of a tennis court you can build two to three padel courts.
This allows you to take advantages of the construction of padel courts:
1. Increase in people using the sports center
2. Differentiation of the proposed offer by becoming a more receptive location
3. Optimization of unused space
4. Chance to extend courses for tennis instructors
5. Represent an alternative and is compatible with tennis
Italgreen is a leader in the supply of artificial turf and in recent years, thanks to collaboration with specialized partners, has specialized in padel courts construction: from design to installation.
Do you want more information about padel courts construction and their benefits?
PADEL COURT DIMENSIONS
According to the International Padel Federation (FIP), a padel court is 20 meters long and 10 meters wide, about half of a regular tennis court, calculating that the limit of the playing ground is given by the structure itself.
Here are the dimensions of a padel court:
- The field is divided in half by a net and at a distance of 6.95 m the service lines are drawn;
- A perpendicular line divides the area between the net and the service lines in half;
- Each line has a width of 5 cm;
- The back walls are 4 m high.
But let's take a closer look at the size of each element.
PADEL TENNIS COURT SIZE IN METERS: THE NET
The net of a padel court is 10 meters long and 88 cm high in the center (at the extremes it reaches up to 92 cm). The net is supported by a metal cable (1cm in diameter), whose ends are attached to two side posts at most 1.05 m high.
PADEL TENNIS COURT SIZE IN METERS: THE WALLS
The background walls are usually 4 m high. However, there are two main variations:
1. The first with a step structure, has different heights:
- 3 m high and 2 m long in the side that divides it from the back wall of the field;
- 2 m high and 2 m long in the remainder;
- the metal mesh that completes the closure is 3 m high in the center and reaches 4 m in the last two meters placed at the extremes;
2. In the second variant, on the contrary, the metal mesh has a uniform height of 4 m along the entire field.
However, in the case of covering or indoor padel court, the required height is 7 m.
PADEL COURTS STRUCTURE
The considerations to be made while building padel courts are different but the structure of a padel field always includes some important elements that are present in each installation. The usual structure of a padel court must include:
- FLOOR: It is important that the floor of a padel court meets the criteria of hardness, speed and roughness to ensure a very good sliding-bounce of the ball. You can find concrete flooring treated with slippery products but artificial turf cover is preffered.
- WALLS: Usually these are prefabricated structures especially in the case of the construction of fixed padel court. Again, the positioning of tempered glass is preferred, ensuring the correct bounce and, above all, promoting the view from the outside.
- FENCE: The most important element in the fence of a padel court is the material that must be resistant to the weather and stresses of the game. Zinc or plasticized nets are usually preferred to ensure maximum resistance over time. The entrance can be delimited by two doors (similar to the fence) or you can also choose to leave it open.
- ILLUMINATION: Probably the most important aspect of padel courts, it must be designed to ensure coverage of the whole field but at the same time should not dazzle the players. During construction, the materials used and their arrangement must be evaluated to establish the best solution.
PADEL COURT COST
How much does a padel court cost? There is no single answer, given that the final quote depends on the materials and situation in which you intend to install the court, as well as the possibility of replacing pre-existing tennis courts with two or more padel courts. One thing is for sure: padel fields ensure a significant recovery in costs thanks to the optimization of the spaces and the low costs of management and maintenance, which are further reduced when opting for a synthetic turf.
PADEL COURT CONSTRUCTION COST
A quote for a padel court requires a good amount of information and only after a project and evaluation of the materials and installation will be possible to get a real idea of a padel court construction cost.
Elements to be evaluated in the quote of a padel field are, for example:
- The choice of specific fencing structures and colors;
- The type of synthetic turf installed to allow optimal bounce of the ball and excellent game performance;
- The installation of other components such as lighting, backgrounds, equipment.
In addition to these factors, in the quote should be considered the type of padel court that you would like to install:
- Fixed padel court – with permanent structures;
- Indoor or outdoor padel court.
For more information about the padel court construction cost, please contact us for a free quote!
WHAT ITALGREEN CAN OFFER YOU
Italgreen offers you a full designing, building and installing service for padel courts, including the conversion of existing tennis courts: you will be provided with a turnkey padel court, ready to be put to income!
For years a leader in the construction of sports fields and centers, Italgreen offers you all the advantages of Padel with two exclusive advantages:
>>> Patented fiberglass for a structure that lasts over time with little maintenance: the structure of the field is made of fiberglass according to a patented technology: in this way the structure does not rust and its duration over time increases considerably, requiring very few maintenance!
>>> High-performance synthetic turf in any season: the field is made with the prestigious Italgreen artificial turf, especially with the two specific coats 12 Padel Pro and 14 Padel. Synthetic turf is an optimal choice that guarantees high sports performance in every season and with all weather conditions; It also requires very little maintenance. In addition, Italgreen products ensure efficiency resulting from years of expertise in the field and an extremely natural look & feel.
In the picture, the rendering of the 14 Padel coat
Contact us without obligation for more information or for a free quote!