Synthetic grass manufacturer
Reliability, variety of products, high quality, after-sales service are just a few expectations you may have when thinking of a synthetic grass producer. At Italgreen’s we go further beyond this by offering you several types of synthetic turf, recognised by the most important international sport federation, such as FIFA, LND, FIT, IRB and the likes.
Since 1983 we have been operating in the market of artificial turf as synthetic grass manufacturers and suppliers, achieving various acknowledgments on the field.
Although our strong suit is the manufacturing and the supply of synthetic grass for sports, we also deal with landscape grass for gardens, urban areas, parks and so on with excellent results either in Italy and abroad – yes, from the UK to Japan!
In this page we’ll take a look at:
- What synthetic grass is manufactured from
- The kinds of synthetic grass we produce and the sports they are suitable for
- What you can expect from Italgreen
Producing synthetic grass today
The quality of synthetic grass has improved a lot throughout the years, and a significant role in this has been played by the materials it is made from and by manufacturing technology, which pay a much higher degree of attention to sustainability and circular economy.
The third generation artificial turf you find in today’s market looks and feels like actual grass, and even performs better in terms of playability, durability, resilience and resistance to wear. The first generation synthetic turf, on the contrary, was made from artificial fibres similar to those used for carpets which conveyed a plastic look and feel.
Clearly enough, synthetic grass manufacturers had to find an alternative, which lied in the material used. Today, artificial grass is generally produced from polyethylene, polypropylene and nylon.
The result was a kind of synthetic turf which is lush, soft and extremely natural.
Of course, to achieve this synthetic grass producers put much attention to details such as:
- the grass yarns, which are commonly made from polyethylene – a long-lasting type of plastic that allows artificial grass to resist to wear and tear
- the thatching – the addition of a thatch layer literally revolutionised the world of synthetic grass manufacturing: it is a layer that add cushioning and extra support to the artificial turf
- the backing and coating, usually made from polyester or recycled rubber plastic that help the grass blades to bounce back into their original upright position
- the synthetic grass infill, like Geofill®, that reduces the shift of infill, and keep constant the terrain temperature
Contact us free of charge to discover all our kinds of grass
The sports we manufacture synthetic grass for
Artificial grass basically applies to any sport although its features will obviously vary from sport to sport: for padel, for instance, we produce two different kinds of grass with different yarn length, while for hockey we have designed a special System Waterbase that makes the ball on a super thin water layer on the synthetic turf.
Here are all the artificial mantles we produce and the most recommended sports for each one:
- Double 4 – Due to its high resistance, this turf is ideal for football and rugby
- Lesmo 3S – Born out of the combination of Double 4 and previous Lesmo HD, this is an innovative grass for football matches and training
- 12 Padel Pro and 14 Padel – as their names suggest, both turfs are designed for padel
- All Star – it is a four-section-fiber grass to be installed in football and rugby pitches
- DMX – It is characterised by great resistance due to its special monofilament fibers; like the previous type of synthetic grass, DMX is most suitable for football and rugby
- Green HD – Indicated for football as well as for tennis, futsal, 8-a-side, this is the mantle we have installed the most around the world
- Zerofill – made of long-lasting polyethylene monofilaments Zerofill does not need any stabilisation or performance infill
- System Waterbase and Sandbase technology are specifically conceived for hockey
- Tee and Putting are used to build all-year-long playable golf fields
What you can expect from us as your synthetic grass manufacturers
When you choose us as your synthetic grass manufacturers and suppliers, nothing is taken for granted – nor the tiniest detail.
We actually listen to your very needs and turn them into concrete projects that respect every single point so as to deliver you a functional synthetic field that also allows you to save loads of money – i.e., have you ever thought about the fact that synthetic grass needs just a little maintenance?
Well, this is how we proceed:
- First of all, we ask you permission to do an inspection and a topographic survey
- Then, we go on with a feasibility study from a technical and economic point of view
- Third step, we create the project
- Finally, we deliver you a ready-to-use field
We also make sure you will never be alone: if you need after-sales assistance, maintenance or sanitising intervention, just call us – we can decide together if to do special or periodic cleaning, irrigation, repairs and so on.
At Italgreen’s you’ll find more than you expect